The Marine2, launched by KLAW, is 32% shorter and 25% lighter than alternative marine breakaway couplings on the market and is designed to reduce stress on hoses used on offshore hose reel applications.
The shorter design reduces coil disruption on the hose reel; unlike alternative designs that are longer and, therefore, increase hose stress and fatigue.
The KLAW marine breakaway coupling provides a safe parting point within the hose transfer system in ship-to-ship, ship-to-shore and vessel to offshore platform transfers. The coupling is designed to activate in an emergency, such as vessel drift in stormy conditions or pressure surge. When activated, the valves within the coupling shut both upstream and downstream flow within the hose transfer system and allows immediate separation of the line. It therefore minimizes risk of spill and reduces the risk of damage to assets, injury to personnel, extended downtime and contamination of the environment.
Like its KLAW predecessor, the Marine2 is designed to resist those bending moments and torsional forces expected from floating wave motions and the rigors of the marine environment and reacts only to those axial forces that occur in an emergency.
It also continues to use the proven and reliable KLAW Flip-Flap Valve system, which delivers 100% instant closure.
KLAW Easy Reset Facility is also fitted as standard on the Marine2, which means the coupling can be serviced or reset after activation within the line – again reducing downtime and stress on the hose due to the reduced need for additional handling.
The coupling comes in standard nominal bore sizes of 2”, 3”, 4”, 5” and 6” and is compatible with soft-walled, hard-walled, and composite hoses. A variety of end connections are available including NPT and BSP threaded, flange connections, and hammer union fittings.
All the benefits of KLAW Marine Breakaway Coupling technology
• Double Closure on activation provides minimum upstream and downstream spillage
• 100% shut-off
• Instantaneous Closure
• Minimum headloss delivering efficient flow rates
• Easy Reset Facility
• Reliable and proven technology
• Robust construction
• Field serviceable
• Dowels resist torsional forces
• The Industry Standard for Marine Breakaway Couplings
• No risk of Partial Break
• Fatigue resistant
• Calibrated breaking load tolerances
• Easily adapted to hammer union connection
• Proven KLAW Flip-Flap technology
• Automatic activation
• Breakstuds calibrated to hose string requirements
• Extended male spigot resisting bending movements
• No special tools required for servicing
• Nyloc nuts resists vibration