USS GETS GREEN LIGHT TO BUILD NEW ACCESSION USV IN HAYLE CORNWALL UK
The next generation of Unmanned Surface Vessels (USV’s) the Accession Class from Unmanned Survey Solutions, has been given the green light thanks to funding from Marine-i Marine Challenge Fund, part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
USS have successfully introduced the Inception Class Mark 1 and Mark 2 USV’s to the survey market. Built by surveyors, for surveyors, these USV’s survey shallow coastal or inland waters.
The Accession Class next generation USV is a much larger vessel for use in offshore operations and is now about to become a reality thanks to Marine-I and ERDF.
James Williams, Director at USS said:
“This is a fantastic opportunity and we’re delighted to receive support from the Marine-i Marine Challenge Fund to be able to develop our own Offshore Renewables class vessel. We’re now looking forward to working with project partners to finalise the Accession Class USV’ specifications.”
The 4.5m Accession Class USV will be a robust marine autonomous multirole USV with integrated airborne drone capabilities.
Designed for use by the Offshore industries and with the ability to operate long endurance applications in the open seas. It will work as a force multiplier with a mother vessel and will integrate a variety of payloads including the launch and recovery of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV’s).
Its applications will include:
• Offshore Wind Farm seabed mapping using Multi Beam Echo Sounders
• Offshore Wind Farm turbine inspections using a UAV launched and recovered from a USV
• Enforcement activities by Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authorities using combined USV and UAV capabilities
• Environmental mapping on intertidal areas using combined SONAR and laser payloads
• Monitoring of marine mammals USS are delighted to announce the start of the new Accession Class USV project and are grateful to the Marine-i team for all their support and assistance.
Get in touch with James Williams at USS for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org